Thursday, September 9, 2010

#96: Grendel by John Gardner

Book Info:

174 Pages
Reading Level:  I could not find a definitive answer on this.  I saw where some said 12th grade, while others had grade schoolers reading the book.  This will be something I will have to answer when writing my summary.
ISBN# 978-0-679-72311-0

Synopsis:  A re-telling of the infamous poem Beowulf, but from Grendel's, the antagonist's, point of view.

Reason for being Banned/Challenged:  Again, could find nothing really definitive, but I did see where some people had issues with the book's depiction of violence and its hateful viewpoints.

Well, for those that know me, I'm all about the rebel and going against the grain so it'll be interesting to read this book and give my opinion about it.

Stay tuned!  I promise it won't take as long as #97! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment